Image Licensing Requirements
Unauthorised image use is one of the most common types of theft on the internet. It is easy for you to simply download one of my images and use it without permission, however, a lot of time, money and energy has gone into creating my images.
If you want to use one of my images, then you need to read this page.
All of my images are Creative Commons.
Please read this page to work out whether or not what you plan to do with my image requires you to license it.
There are two (2) ways you’re allowed to use my images.
Creative Commons Licence
Under the Creative Commons License you are free to share, copy, distribute and transmit the image as long as you;
(a) Give credit to Ben Fewtrell alongside or below the image
(b) Provide a link to www.on3legs.com
(c) The image must not be used for commercial purposes under any circumstances
Here are some examples of the use of the Creative Commons;
- Your own blog post where one of my photo’s helps you to convey a story
- A School Project
- Use one of my photo’s as your Social Media page header or personal family website.
- Printing a photo using your home printer for your own personal use up to a print size of 8″ x 10″
Please note that the creative commons does not allow you to use a digital copy of one of my photos professionally printed to display in a frame or similar.
License to Copyright
Basically, if you are using my images;
(a) For any business purposes including but not limited to website, advertising, flyers and marketing etc.
(b) To have professionally printed with the intention of displaying the image, whether personally or publicly, or, to print it yourself larger than 8″x10″
(c) For any purpose to make you money or for which you stand to make a profit
then you will need to pay a Licensing Fee.
Commercial use of my images is allowed ONLY if granted in writing by Ben Fewtrell. If you would like to enquire about licensing an image then contact meEnquire
COMMERCIAL USE LICENSE
(please read carefully if considering purchasing a digital download for commercial use)
In return for your payment, we grant you a license to certain rights of copyright in the enclosed electronic image.
Under this license, you are authorised to commercially exploit the image by doing the following things, and no other things:
- make copies of the image; electronic or printed
- distribute copies of the image; online and offline;
- use the image to make derivative works, printed or electronic, such as marketing brochures, websites etc.
BUT STRICTLY ON THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS:
- you do not use the image as a trademark;
- you do not on-sell the image, whether digital or printed including but not limited to a copy appearing on an object (e.g. T-shirt, coffee mug);
- you do not make a hardcopy copy of the image or authorise other persons to do so for re-sale purposes; including but not limited to a copy appearing on an object (e.g. T-shirt, coffee mug);
- you do not make electronic copies accessible to other persons, including as an extractable part of any electronic file (e.g. Word document);
- you always attribute any copy of the whole image as follows: Under License by Ben Fewtrell, and any derivative work must include that attribution;
- you do not use the work in a derogatory way; and
- you do not otherwise infringe the copyright in the image.
This license is:
- periodic license fee and royalty-free, no ongoing payments whether referable to commercial gain or otherwise;
- worldwide, no territorial restrictions;
- ongoing but revocable, continues indefinitely, but we may revoke it and will notify you if we do revoke it;
- non-exclusive, we can grant the same rights to others; and
- non-sub-licensable & non-assignable, you cannot grant or transfer your license rights to any other person.
A reference to “image” in these license terms means part of or the entire image.
Complete your details
Complete this form to enquire about licensing one of my images for commercial purposes.
NOTE: You do not need to submit this form if you adhere to the creative commons license.